Hello, everyone welcome to hsfscholarship.com, Today our topic is all about the California Scholarship Federation in the year 2024. This is one of the best scholarships in USA. The article contains authentic and complete information about this program so stay with us and read the article completely.
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF), begun in 1921 by Charles F. Seymour seeks to acknowledge students living in the state of California who possess high standards in academics. Members of the CSF are qualified for a variety of tuition scholarships available at universities across the state and in select colleges nationally. Regional subcommittees nominate different members as Life Members based on character, leadership abilities, and volunteer service.
Fifty of these students receive $2,000 each, and five are granted an additional $3000 toward their college tuition. Roughly one thousand chapters are located in various secondary schools across the state. The organization seeks to promote the education of academically motivated students, encouraging them to get interested in their communities through volunteer service.
Every chapter is led by a staff consultant. Eligible candidates become members by submitting applications based on their report card grades. Membership is for one semester, and membership drives are held each semester within confirmed periods dictated by the State bylaws. Membership in CSF is through school chapters. Eligible students become members by introducing applications based on their report card grades. Membership is for one semester, and membership purposes are held each semester within established periods by the State bylaws.
Important Summary California Scholarship Federation
|March 14; March 21; March 28; April 11; April 17-18
Requirements for Semester Membership
Scholars earn membership in CSF if they apply and have earned 10 (ten) CSF points. Points are gained on grades from the previous semester according to the following scale.
- A = 3 CSF points
- B = 1 CSF points
- C = 0 CSF points
- 4 (Four) of the 10 points must arrive from List I courses.
- 7 (Seven) of the 10 points must come from List I and II courses.
- The last 3 points may come from any list.
- Only 5 courses may be used to earn the 10 (10) points.
Benefits of member of the California Scholarship Federation
(CSF), Inc. gives scholarships to qualified California High School Students towards a Life Membership or Sealbearer. This scholarship, founded in 1921, is one of the highest academic recognition given to secondary school graduates in California. Not only do the scholarships benefit the high school student while in high school, but they also deliver funding for their college or university education. Applicants have to be a citizen of California to be CSF members, and they’ll also have to maintain excellent academic grades.
The first observation is that this society has its particular system, which is unique compared to a cut-and-dry GPA requirement, which most honor societies have.
Our second observation was: that poor citizenship may disapprove students from membership. It is the adviser and principal’s priority to determine disbarment.
Our third observation was: that official membership of CSF only lasts for one semester, and after each semester, people are reviewed for possible continued membership.
Scholars who maintain membership for a minimum of four terms are awarded Life Time Membership.
- Life Time members are honored on Senior A.M.A. Night by receiving:
- CSF Lifetime pin
- separate CSF gold seal diploma
- An Honor Cord to wear at Graduation
CSF offers Scholarships to its Life Time Members!
- This year organization will be awarding two $1,000 scholarships and two $500
scholarships for the students
- To qualify for one of the three $1000 scholarships given, a candidate must be a Lifetime member
- Have sold two (2) entertainment books their junior year, and two their senior year. (These monies pay for scholarships.
- Fill out an essay/application in the Career Center in February
Also Check: Minecraft Scholarship 2024 – Scholarships in USA
How To Apply for the California Scholarship Federation
The CSF is an honor society that acknowledges the highest academic achievement. Membership in our organization represents excellence in academic achievement. To apply candidate must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5 and have taken core curriculum classes.
Applicants of Seniors and Juniors who qualify are invited to apply in both August and January.
Applicants of Sophomores who qualify are invited to apply in January.
- The first three weeks after Semester 1 ends in January using the Fall grades of students.
- The first three weeks of a new school year in August using the Spring
grades of students.
Student Membership must be applied for each SEMESTER and is based on grades from both grading periods (Quarter 1 and Semester 1 or Quarter 3 and Semester 2) of the prior semester.
Students need proof of their grades from the prior semester using any ONE (1) of the following methods:
- A copy of your transcript
- A copy of the grade reports that were mailed to you
- A current printout from Aeries
- Students must pay a membership fee of $10.00 along with the completed application and grade info each term.
Membership in our organization illustrates excellence in academic achievement. To apply applicant must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5 and have taken core curriculum classes.