Hello, everyone. Welcome to hsfscholarship.com; Today, our topic is about the Mara Scholarship in 2024. This is one of the best scholarships in Malaysia. The article contains authentic and complete information about this program, so stay with us and read the article completely.
MARA Study Loan Scheme was first introduced in 1966 when Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) was established. The financial support was then given out in the form of full scholarships. From 1968, the college scholarship was divided into 2 types. MARA scholarships with a 25 % repayment and MARA study loans with a 100 % repayment after the grant.
From January 1, 1985, until December 31, 1997, financial aid was in the form of convertible loans for students. Candidates who obtained good grades upon graduation could apply to convert their MARA study loans to scholarships. The loan is only given to Malay and Bumiputera candidates who are financially needy and not over 40 years old. In addition, students must maintain a CGPA of 2.5 and above to be eligible to apply for the loan.
This financial support has been given out as a 100 % loan except for loans under the Brilliant Student Scheme, where scholars can apply to convert their MARA study loans to MARA scholarships based on their academic results. The MARA Loan program applies to applicants who plan to join any private institution for ‘3+0’ programs. Candidates must apply to the respective institution before applying for the loan.
Important Summary Mara Scholarship 2024
|May 20, 2024
NOTE: Students must apply for PETRONAS Scholarship 2024 in Malaysia
Eligibility Criteria for the MARA Scholarship 2024
- Students must be Malaysian Bumiputera students only, in which either one of the parents is of Bumiputera/Malay descent.
- In general, good health and condition
- Neither parent is on the JPA blocklist and is not subject to any legal actions by JPA.
- No scholar of any other financial sponsorship for studies
- First-time SPM students who have just undertaken the most recent SPM examination
- Below 19 years old in the year of the SPM examination.
- Scored at least A+/A in 5 subjects i.e., Bahasa Melayu, Matematik, and 3 other subjects depending on their field of study
- Applicant must score at least A+/A in 6 subjects, i.e., Bahasa Melayu, Matematik, Matematik Tambahan, Fizik, Biologi, and Kimia, for the Medicine course.
- Scored at least A- in Bahasa Inggeris and Sejarah for this scholarship program
- JPA sponsorship, i.e., all the study expenses, is provided as a study loan (pinjaman boleh ubah) that the student would have to repay upon graduation. This scholarship loan may be converted to a full/partial scholarship, depending on the scholar’s employer upon graduation:
- 0% loan repayment if the scholar is employed under civil service (Perkhidmatan Awam)
- 25% loan repayment if the scholar is employed under a GLC (government-linked corporation)
- 50% loan repayment if a private company in Malaysia employs the scholar
NOTE: Students must apply for Shell Scholarship 2024 in Malaysia
The loan covers tuition fees and allowance, the amount of which depends on the candidate’s financial background. Full sponsorship for the preparatory course and undergraduate program in the form of a convertible loan for the students that covers:
- Tuition Fee
- Living Expenses
- Other study costs incurred
NOTE: Students must apply for Ms. PuiYi Scholarship Fund 2024 in Malaysia
The worth of the scholarship in 2024 is HK$450,000 per year, so students must apply to get this scholarship in Malaysia.
The deadline for the Mara Scholarship 2024 is May 20, 2024. Students have to apply for this scholarship before the deadline.
NOTE: Students must apply for the Sime Darby Scholarship 2024 in Malaysia
How to apply for MARA Scholarship 2024
- Please check out the MARA official website (https://www.mara.gov.my/en/) for the online application submission before the deadline.
- Students can start to check if they are shortlisted for further assessment
- Shortlisted students would then undergo an interview plus a student assessment.
This scholarship is an opportunity for all recent Bumiputera SPM candidates to receive financial sponsorship by JPA (Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam) in the form of a Convertible Loan (Pinjaman Boleh Ubah) to cover a special study program consisting of Pre-U studies followed by degree studies in Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States or India.